Then people started asking to see photos, so I posted a couple of them of the cookies.
I was then asked to post the recipe, so here it is!
Plain and Simple Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter(softened)/margerine
1 1/2 cup sugar
4 cups of flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup milk
- In a lage bowl, cream together butter/margerine and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs and continue beating until creamy.
- Stir in flour and baking powder alternately with the milk, to make a fairy stiff dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and kneed a few times by hand to make it smooth and workable.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Cut dough into 4 peices.
- Work 1 peice at a time.
- Roll onto lightly floured surface to an even 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out shapes and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake 13 to 15 minues until the cookies are very slightly browned on the bottom, but still light on top.
- Let them cool before decorating.