Award Winning Author

My photo
Karen Dales is the Award Winning Author of "The Chosen Chronicles" which include "Changeling: Prelude to the Chosen Chronicles," "Angel of Death: Book One of the Chosen Chronicles," and "Shadow of Death: Book Two of the Chosen Chronicles." She is currently at work on "Thanatos: Book Three of the Chosen Chronicles" and a Historical Romance set in Edo Japan.
Karen loves receiving emails from fans. If you'd like to email her:

karendales@karendales.com

www.karendales.com

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Review for Diana Gabaldon's "An Echo In The Bone"

An Echo in the Bone (Outlander, #7)An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I fell in love with the Diana Gabaldon's books when her first books came out years and years ago. I was therefore very thrilled to read this next book in the series. Though the book was fun at points, most of the time it was a tedious read. I constantly wondered when something interesting would occur. When it did, it would be glossed over. Reading "An Echo In The Bone" was like watching a soap opera where no real plot seems to occur, except to see how different characters are dealing with the American Revolution. It's only towards the end of the novel that things get interesting with her characters and a plot seems to develop, but it all stops at the end, leaving so many strings dangling that the dissappointment I felt wasn't a surprise. If Ms. Gabaldon writes another in the series I'll read it, but I won't be in a rush to do so.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Each of the books in the Outlander series causes havoc in my life because I can't put them down until I am done reading the whole book. Unfortunately, this book did not follow suite, taking me several weeks to read as it was completely disappointing and boring. Talk about choppy chapters, way too many characters that weren't developed and history that droned on and on with information that I learned back in elementary school. Where was the passion of the characters from the previous books and why were Jamie and Claire given only minor roles? This book was an introduction to sell her new Lord Grey book coming out in 2010 - come on! What about the inconsistencies from the previous books - I kept going back to them to make sure I hadn't forgotten a story.

    ReplyDelete