Award Winning Author

My photo
Karen Dales is the Award Winning Author of "The Chosen Chronicles" which include "Changeling: Prelude to the Chosen Chronicles," "Angel of Death: Book One of the Chosen Chronicles," and "Shadow of Death: Book Two of the Chosen Chronicles." She is currently at work on "Thanatos: Book Three of the Chosen Chronicles" and a Historical Romance set in Edo Japan.
Karen loves receiving emails from fans. If you'd like to email her:

karendales@karendales.com

www.karendales.com

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Wait patiently and the Universe WILL provide.

I wasn't planning on posting today, but after what happened I just had too.

I first thought I should twitter or facebook this as a status, but again, too many words.

My husband has his computer in our living room. The desk it sits on is old and it's the wrong height. It's also a bit of an eyesore for me. For several years we've wanted to replace the desk, but whenever we went looking the desks we saw were either had the wrong dimensions, the wrong set up or just too expensive. We've decided to be patient.

The other factor to his desk and how his computer sits on it is that I can't work on it at all. This means whenever I want to quickly check email, etc, when he's not on it, I have to go into my office. It's no big deal, but hey. I like to spend time with my family.

This has been going on for a long time.

Today, on the way home from picking up our son from school, my husband and I drove. (Thank you rain storm.) On the way there we didn't notice anything. On the way back we saw what appeared to be this brand new computer desk. In fact, it was the one that my husband had/has been wanting for quite some time. It was just sitting there on the curb of a neighbour amidst their other garbage.

We stopped. Hit the hazards. Hubby jumped out of the car to take a look at it.

He couldn't put it into the car, but we were close enough, and it had wheels, that he was able to walk home with it.

Once home we dried it off and looked at it. There was no doubt. It was the desk that went for $200 from Staples and it worked perfectly! My husband has his new desk and my son (who is outgrowing the kids desk we have for his computer in the living room too) is going to get the one my husband didn't like, but will work perfectly for the Bug.

It was yet another clear lesson, and proof, that if one is patient the Universe will provide.

By the way, today's my husband's birthday:)

Karen Dales
Award Winning Author
http://www.karendales.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/KarenDales
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/karendales

No comments:

Post a Comment